Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hope is Not Lost - Obama Re-Elected

 I was on my knees last night with defeat and the cloud of discouragement was there when I woke up too. Me admitting that doesn't mean I don't know Who my hope is. I have cried this morning as I watched Romney's concession and saw the faces of many discouraged, tireless advocates for the Romney-Ryan ticket. They must be weary. So emotionally distraught and yet they remained honorable and classy in the wake of defeat. There must be some ounce of relief for the wives and families. To have their husbands and fathers back after fighting such a good fight for so long. Years. I am proud to know we did all we could. Yet, I still believe fraud played a huge part in Obama's re-election. Especially because Romney had the people's popular vote the majority of the night, up until the western key states submitted their results. Obama's re-election reminds me that if a man like him can get re-elected, we are not so different than Nazi Germany in Hitler's rise to power. It happened with years of slow, underground progression and then surfaced in force and power. Not to mention the extreme influx of propaganda infiltrated through biased media, ad campaigns and brute force. People were brainwashed into thinking he was a beacon of light. The same is happening now. 

I guess this is why I love the movie "V for Vendetta" so much. Because it is the people taking back their country and refusing to believe the lies told to them by their government. It reminds me to be courageous in these times and although the main character draws inspiration from other means, I will draw near to our Defender and King of Kings. 

Lacey

A helpful devotion from my mother-in-law:

Let your comeback start today.  Maybe your dream stalled and your hope dimmed, but all that changes now.  God wants you to begin again, only this time you know what not to do.  You have gained the wisdom you didn’t have before which will help you to succeed this time.  The apostle Paul put it this way, “One thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus  (Philippians 3:14).
  • Ask God to help you take the next step by faith today.
Failure isn’t final.  Joshua didn’t quit after they lost the battle at Ai.  Moses didn’t quit after the first plague failed to change the king’s mind.  Job didn’t lose faith in God even when his family died.  When the persecution began against the church in Jerusalem, they moved on to other towns and started new churches (Acts 8:1).  They didn’t let the dream die, nor should you.  And don’t forget the greatest comeback of all which occurred at an empty tomb on an early morning in Jerusalem.  Our God specializes in new beginnings, even for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment